Among the 8,496 hate crime offenses reported:
- Crimes against persons: 65.5%
- Crimes against property: 31.1%
- Crimes against society: 3.4%
Of the 6,266 known offenders:
- 53.6% were White
- 24.0% were Black or African American
- 12.9% race unknown
Other races accounted for the remaining known offenders.
Of the 5,349 known offenders for whom ethnicity was reported:
- 29.9% were Not Hispanic or Latino
- 8.9% were Hispanic or Latino
- 1.6% were in a group of multiple ethnicities
- 59.5% ethnicity unknown
Of the 5,589 known offenders for whom ages were known:
- 84.7% were 18 years of age or older
Law enforcement agencies may specify the location of an offense within a hate crime incident as 1 of 46 location designations.
- Most hate crime incidents, 25.7%, occurred in or near residences/homes
- 18.7% occurred on highways / roads / alleys / streets / sidewalks
- 9.2% occurred at schools/colleges
- 5.3% happened in parking/drop lots/garages
- 3.7% took place in churches / synagogues / temples / mosques
- The location was reported as other/unknown of 11.2% of hate crime incidents
The remaining 26.1% of hate crime incidents took place at other or multiple locations.